|The Business (soundtrack)|
|Released||29 August 2005|
|featuring Duran Duran|
The Business is a soundtrack compilation for the 2005 British drama/gangster film The Business, set during the 1980s. The film features "Planet Earth" by Duran Duran and other 80s music, including songs by Duran Duran influences David Bowie, Roxy Music, and Blondie.
About the album Edit
The 19-track compilation album was released by EMI on 29 August 2005.
About the film Edit
The Business was written and directed by Nick Love, and stars British actors Danny Dyer, Tamer Hassan, Goeff Bell and Georgina Chapman.
The plot follows the Greek tragedy-like rise and fall of a young London man's career within a drug importing business run by a group of British ex-pat fugitive criminals, who are living on the coast of the Costa del Sol (aka the Costa del Crime) in Spain. The film has been described as the British version of the cult film Scarface as the two films have a very similar plot and themes.
Track listing Edit
- "Planet Earth" - Duran Duran
- "Welcome To The Pleasure Dome" - Frankie Goes Hollywood
- "All Night Long" - Mary Jane Girls
- "Wild Flower" - The Cult
- "Hangin’ On A String" - Loose Ends
- "Ghetto Life" - Rick James
- "Don’t You Forget About Me" - Simple Minds
- "Echo Beach" - Martha And The Muffins
- "Video Killed The Radio Star" - The Buggles
- "I Ran" - A Flock Of Seagulls
- "Imagination" - Belouis Some
- "Let The Music Play" - Shannon
- "Modern Love" - David Bowie
- "It’s My Life" - Talk Talk
- "My Sharona" - The Knack
- "Avalon" - Roxy Music
- "Maid Of Orleans" - Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark
- "Kings Of The Wild Frontier" - Adam & The Ants
- "Call Me" - Blondie