|unofficial live album|
|Venue||Studio 54, Barcelona,|
|Recorded||16 November 1988|
|VIP concert invitation ticket|
About the albumEdit
The album is a recording of Duran Duran's performance at Studio 54 in Barcelona, a venue founder Mike Hewitt named after the club in New York which was the subject of the TV Mania produced "Studio 54" song. This location closed in 1994 and sold to the group Chic, who renamed it Chic Chic Studio Gallery for a short period.
This was the first of two shows performed in Spain on the tour, held during a period when John Taylor was struggling with his health. Various shows were cancelled or downsized to smaller venues due to poor ticket sales.
Duran Duran took to the stage at 10:00pm, launching the show with two songs from the recently released Big Thing album. "Hungry Like the Wolf" was next, the first of four songs taken from the Colin Thurston produced Rio during the evening.
The invitation ticket features Duran Duran photography by Mark Bayley.
- "Big Thing"
- "I Don't Want Your Love"
- "Hungry Like the Wolf"
- "Do You Believe in Shame?"
- "All She Wants Is" / "Planet Earth"
- "This Is How a Road Gets Made"
- "Winter Marches On"
- "Girls on Film"
- "Is There Something I Should Know?"
- "The Wild Boys"
- "Drug (It's Just a State of Mind)"
- "Save A Prayer"
- "The Reflex"
- "The Edge of America"
Duran Duran are:
- Warren Cuccurullo - guitar
- Sterling Campbell - drums
- Stan Harrison - horns
- Spike Edney - keyboards, trombone
- Melanie Redmond - backing vocals
- Jacqui Copland - backing vocals
|<< Jersey 1988||La Locomotive: Paris 1988 >>|