|album by Duran Duran|
|Released||11 September 2015|
|Genre||New wave, pop rock|
|Label||Warner Bros. Records|
|Writer(s)||Duran Duran + see track credits|
About the albumEdit
The record was produced by Nile Rodgers, who had previously worked on the band's "The Reflex" single and Notorious album, and Mark Ronson, who produced 2010's All You Need Is Now. Producer and audio engineer Joshua Blair, who’s worked with Duran Duran on previous albums, also co-produced several of Paper Gods' songs.
Lohan posted a photo of herself and her sister with the band members on Instagram, writing "Recording with some greats!!!" She is believed to have spent almost seven hours in the studio to perfect her contribution. Lohan was Simon Le Bon's standby artist for the Duran Duran on Broadway shows in 2007.
During February 2014, Duran Duran recorded 3 songs in a church with the Voce Chamber Choir and the London Youth Chamber Choir, led by their Musical Director Suzi Digby OBE. These tracks are slow anthems originally planned for release on the band's 14th studio album. The session took place at St. Gabriel’s Church in Pimlico.
The artwork is a collaboration overseen by China Chow, the band worked closely with Los Angeles-based artist Alex Israel, who created the album’s cover art. It features a collage of images that reference the visual history of Duran Duran, each placed like a sticker on a reproduction of Israel’s “Sky Backdrop” painting. The logo and graphic design are by Brian Roettinger.
- "Paper Gods" (feat. Mr Hudson) - 7:04
- "Last Night in the City" (feat. Kiesza) - 4:44
- "You Kill Me With Silence" - 4:26
- "Pressure Off" (feat. Janelle Monáe and Nile Rodgers) - 4:21
- "Face for Today" - 3:52
- "Danceophobia" - (feat. Lindsay Lohan) - 4:14
- "What are the Chances?" - 4:55
- "Sunset Garage" - 4:43
- "Change the Skyline" (feat. Jonas Bjerre) - 3:57
- "Butterfly Girl" - 3:15
- "Only in Dreams" - 6:05
- "The Universe Alone" - 5:48
Bonus tracks on Target Store version only:
Bonus track (TBA):
Duran Duran are:
- Dom Brown - guitar
- Anna Ross - backing vocals
- Mr Hudson - vocals (track 1)
- Kiesza - vocals (track 2)
- Janelle Monáe - vocals (track 4)
- Nile Rodgers - guitar, backing vocals (track 4)
- Lindsay Lohan - vocals (track 6)
- Hollie Cook - vocals (track 8)
- Jonas Bjerre - vocals (track 9)
- John Frusciante - guitar (tracks 7, 10, 12, 15)
- Steve Jones - guitar (track 13)
- Davide Rossi - violin
- London Youth Chamber Choir - voices (track 12)
- Art Direction - Alex Israel, Brian Roettinger, China Chow
- Artwork - Alex Israel
- Creative Director - China Chow
- Design (logo) - Brian Roettinger
- Engineer - Josh Blair
- Engineer (assistant mix) - Geoff Swan
- Executive Producer - Wendy Laister
- Management - Sharon Cho, Wendy Laister
- Mastered by Ted Jensen
- Mixed by Mark 'Spike' Stent
- Performer (Duran Duran) - John Taylor, Nick Rhodes, Roger Taylor, Simon Le Bon
- Photography by Nick Rhodes
01. "Paper Gods"
02. "Last Night in the City"
03. "You Kill Me With Silence"
04. "Pressure Off"
- Arranged by (strings), performer (strings) - Davide Rossi
- Edited by (pro tools operator) - Riccardo Damian
- Engineer (Janelle session assistant) - Jake Valentine
- Engineer (Janelle session) - Ghian Wright, Graham Russell
- Featuring - Janelle Monáe, Nile Rodgers
- Producer - Duran Duran, Mark Ronson, Mr Hudson, Nile Rodgers
- Producer (lead vocal) - Josh Blair
- Written by Janelle, Taylor, Ronson, Mr Hudson, Rhodes, Rodgers, Taylor, Le Bon
05. "Face for Today"
07. "What are the Chances?"
08. "Sunset Garage"
09. "Change the Skyline"
10. "Butterfly Girl"
11. "Only in Dreams"
12. "The Universe Alone"
- Arranged by (choir arranger) - Toby Young
- Arranged by (strings) - Davide Rossi, Josh Blair
- Conductor, creative director - Suzi Digby
- Guitar - John Frusciante
- Performer (strings) - Davide
- Producer - Duran Duran, Josh Blair
- Voice (additional) - London Youth Chamber Choir, Voce Chamber Choir
- Written by Taylor, Rhodes, Taylor, Le Bon
01. "Planet Roaring"
02. "Valentine Stones"
03. "Northern Lights"
|<< All You Need Is Now|