|Nip/Tuck: Roxy St. James|
|Directed by||Lynnie Greene|
|Broadcast date||27 January 2009|
|Original music by||James S. Levine|
|Editing by||Adam Penn|
|featuring music by Duran Duran|
Nip/Tuck: Roxy St. James is the 17th episode from season 5 of the series Nip/Tuck, directed by Lynnie Greene and first aired on 27 January 2009 in the USA. The episode includes "Save A Prayer" by Duran Duran.
About the episodeEdit
The series was created by Ryan Murphy, which is set at the McNamara/Troy plastic surgery practice. The episodes follows the professional and personal lives of its owners Dr. Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh) and Dr. Christian Troy (Julian McMahon). The first four seasons of the show were set in Miami, but the characters relocated to Los Angeles for the fifth to seventh seasons.
The plot of the episode involves Candy Richards, a washed-up, narcissistic actress wanting Christian and Sean to perform a skin pigment implantation to make her more African-American for her re-discovered roots.
Meanwhile, Christian meets a feisty chain-smoking lady named Roxy St. James at a therapy group for cancer victims, where she wants him to perform a mastectomy on her to cure her incurable fear of developing breast cancer.
Sean becomes troubled when Olivia wants a full makeover for herself as she and Julia are planning to move back east. Unknown to everyone, Olivia is emotionally stressed to her breaking point after covering up her psycho daughter Eden's murder attempt on Julia.
- Dylan Walsh - Dr. Sean McNamara
- Julian McMahon - Dr. Christian Troy
- John Hensley - Matt McNamara (credit only)
- Roma Maffia - Dr. Liz Cruz
- Kelly Carlson - Kimber Henry (credit only)
- Joely Richardson - Julia McNamara
- Portia de Rossi - Olivia Lord
- Jennifer Coolidge - Candy Richards / Coco
- Anna Lynne McCord - Eden Lord
- Anthony Cistaro - Steven Ausbury
- Keith Sellon-Wright - Dr. Kochman
- Dina Meyer - Roxy St. James
- Rene Ashton - Alice
- Joshua Henry - Wilber