|Associated acts||Yajima-Robin Duo|
Mineko Yajima is a Japanese musician and concertmaster, whose work has included performing with Duran Duran.
Mineko graduated from the Juilliard School of Music as a student of Joseph Fuchs, and performed violin in chamber music concerts throughout North America and Japan with the Yajima-Robin Duo and the Hudson Trio. She is the principal second violin of the Mostly Mozart Festival, a member of the Orchestra of St. Luke’s, and the Little Orchestra Society. Mineko is also concertmaster of the Princeton Chapel Camerata and the Berkshire Bach Society Chamber Orchestra.
Since 1996 she has been coaching and performing string ensembles during the summer at the Tenri Chamber Music Institute in Japan, which gives her an opportunity to stay in touch with her native culture. Mineko also spent 15 summers teaching with the late Joseph Fuchs at the Chamber Music Institute at Alfred University.
A selection of creditsEdit
- Finian's Rainbow - Revival, Musical, Comedy (violin) (Oct 29, 2009 - Jan 17, 2010)
- The Little Mermaid - Original, Musical, Fantasy (violin) (Jan 10, 2008 - Aug 30, 2009)
- The Color Purple - Original, Musical, Drama (violin) (Dec 1, 2005 - Feb 24, 2008)
- Sweet Charity - Revival, Musical, Comedy (violin) (May 4, 2005 - Dec 31, 2005)
- The Frogs - Original, Musical, Comedy (violin) (Jul 22, 2004 - Oct 10, 2004)
- The Flower Drum Song - Revival, Musical, Comedy (violin, mandolin) (Oct 17, 2002 - Mar 16, 2003)
- Into the Woods - Revival, Musical, Comedy, Drama (violin) (Apr 30, 2002 - Dec 29, 2002)
- Jane Eyre - Original, Musical (violin) (Dec 10, 2000 - Jun 10, 2001)
- Miss Saigon - Original, Musical, Drama (concertmaster) (Apr 11, 1991 - Jan 28, 2001)
- Les Misérables - Original, Musical, Drama (violin) (Mar 12, 1987 - May 18, 2003)