|Long Island 1989|
|unofficial live album|
|Venue||Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, Long Island, NY, USA|
|Recorded||18 January 1989|
About the albumEdit
The album is an incomplete recording of Duran Duran's performance at the Nassau Coliseum, a 16,250 capacity venue located at 1255 Hempstead Turnpike. This was the first of two shows performed in the state of New York on the tour.
The opening act, The Pursuit of Happiness, gave the audience a glimpse of some of their unrestrained power pop tracks including "Love Junk" and "I'm an Adult Now".
Duran Duran first brought their live show to the Nassau Coliseum on 3 April 1984. The band now composed of Simon Le Bon, John Taylor and Nick Rhodes, launched this show with the title track to their latest release Big Thing.
During the evening there was a strong performance of "Winter Marches On", with the irony that it began to snow when fans made their way home after the concert.
Tickets for the event cost around $20.00.
- "Big Thing"
- "I Don't Want Your Love"
- "Hungry Like the Wolf"
- "Do You Believe in Shame?"
- "Election Day" / "Some Like It Hot"
- "All She Wants Is" / "Planet Earth"
- "Winter Marches On"
- "Too Late Marlene"
- "Is There Something I Should Know?"
- "Drug (It's Just a State of Mind)"
Duran Duran are:
- Warren Cuccurullo - guitar
- Sterling Campbell - drums
- Stan Harrison - horns
- Spike Edney - keyboards, trombone
- Melanie Redmond - backing vocals
- Jacqui Copland - backing vocals
|<< Birmingham: NEC 1988||Detroit 1989 >>|