The 2003 show was the inaugural event, which was held at the Royal Albert Hall in London (UK) on 15 October and attended by The Prince of Wales. Seventeen designers were presented during the evening, including Donatella Valace and Alexander McQueen, to live musical performances by acts that included Björk, Jane's Addiction, Beyoncé, Robbie Williams, Grace Jones, Milla Jovovich, Blue and Duran Duran. Proceeds went to the the Prince's Trust, which totalled £1-million. The supermodels at the event included Naomi Campbell, Yasmin Le Bon, Eva Herzigova, Jodie Kidd and model turned actress, Milla Jovovich. Liz Hurley, who had 19 costume changes, hosted the event with comedian Denis Leary.
Beyonce performed a medley of "Baby Boy" and "Crazy in Love" wearing a silver Armani dress. It was the second time she has performed in front of the Prince that year, with an earlier appearance at the Party In The Park concert in the summer.
Duran Duran performed "Girls on Film" as part of the Donna Karan show. The band also spoke to The Prince of Wales during a 20 minute interval, with Roger Taylor later saying “We talked about the show and the Prince didn't believe we were 40!”.
List of 2003 performersEdit
- Joaquin Cortes in Christian Dior performed "Zapatos Blancos"thumb|right|200px|Fashion Rocks 2003
- Beyoncé in Giorgio Armani performed "Baby Boy" / "Crazy in Love" medley
- Duran Duran in Donna Karan performed "Girls on Film"
- Andrea Bocelli in Ralph Lauren performed "En Aranjuez Con Tu Amour"
- Milla Jovovich with Plastic Has Memory in Prada performed "Left and Right"
- Blue in Dolce & Gabbana performed "Guilty"
- Björk in Alexander McQueen performed "Bachelorette"
- Jane's Addiction in Julien Macdonald performed "True Nature"
- Grace Jones in Stella McCartney performed "Nightclubbing"
- Robbie Williams in Versace performed "Feel"
- Jamirorquai in Burberry performed "Foolosophy"
- Skin in Gucci performed "Faithfulness"
- Sharleen Spiteri with Kardinal Offishal in Channel performed "Carnival Girl"
- Bryan Adams in Calvin Klein performed "The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You"
- Kelis in Matthew Williamson performed "Milkshake"
- Sheryl Crow in Tommy Hilfiger performed "First Cut is the Deepest"
- Bryan Ferry in Yves Saint Laurent performed "Let's Stick Together"