|Code Case: Schadenfreude|
|Directed by||Tim Matheson|
|Written by||Dan Dworkin|
|Broadcast date||20 March 2005|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|featuring music by Duran Duran|
Cold Case: Schadenfreude is episode 17 from season 2 of the American TV series Cold Case, directed by Tim Matheson and first aired on 20 March 2005 in the USA. The episode includes "Save A Prayer" by Duran Duran.
About the episodeEdit
The episode is from the American police procedural TV series Cold Case, which premiered on 23 September 2003 on CBS. The series revolves around a fictionalised Philadelphia Police Department in Pennsylvania that specialises in investigating cold cases.
Each episode of Cold Case follows a formula that begins with a flashback scene that establishes the year, sometimes the actual date in which the crime took place, as well as a set of characters in a seemingly mundane situation. These flashbacks feature a different style of direction, whether it be the colors, lighting, shading, or camera angles.
The episode's plot involve the team investigating an early 1980s murder of a surgeon's wife. The husband had been convicted of the murder and was thought to have committed it for insurance money. The couple was under financial pain as a result of the doctor being sued for malpractice after he accidentally caused the death of one of the family's best friends on his operating table. However, new evidence found on a dead junkie with a past connection to the victim causes the case to be reopened.
- Kathryn Morris - Lilly Rush
- John Finn - John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford - Nick Vera
- Thom Barry - Will Jeffries
- Nicki Aycox - Christina Rush
- Jay Bontatibus - Mike 1982
- Anthony John Denison - Mike 2005
- Jenny Eakes - Dianne Morre 1982
- Andi Eystad - Melanie 1982
- Michael Bryan French - Steve Chase 2005
- Michael Hagerty - Steve Chase 1982
- Brian Kimmet - Timmy 1982
- Mary Gordon Murry - Kitty 2005
- Linda Purl - Diane Moore 2005
- Tahmus Rounds - Timmy 2005
- Andrea Savage - Lindsay 1982
- Jenna von Oy - Kitty 1982